50H Yoga Healthcare and Welllness with Alexandra Atterbrand
In this course we will dive deeply into the yoga therapy application relevant to health and disease, through asanas, pranayama breathing, relaxation and meditation techniques. We will explore Restorative yoga, Mediyoga, Yin and traditional holistic systems, such as the chakra system, meridians and ayurveda, and look into basic medical effects, and their integration with yoga therapy from the varied perspectives of traditional and modern lineages.
Place: HiYoga, Schultz gate 7, Oslo
Instructor: Alexandra Atterbrand
Pris: 10 500,-
Research shows that engaging in consciously present behaviour has a number of impressively positive health effects. From fighting stress to the relief of chronic diseases, there are good evidence that yoga therapy helps both body and consciousness.
Although the first yoga practitioners thousands of years ago may not have understood how practicing conscious presence can lower blood pressure or improve brain neuroplasticity, today's researchers embrace yoga therapy because it helps us toward a healthier and happier life. Yoga therapy is an integrative, holistic and specific practice of healthcare and wellness. By combining yogic tools and techniques, we enable our selves to balance the body, mind and soul, which is necessary for healing. It is effective and time-tested and offers an immensely practical method for improving health and quality of life, psychological well-being, and joyful living.
21. aug, 17:00 - 20:00, Introduction to Yoga therapy Healing & Health, lecture & practice.
22. aug, 08:00 - 12:00, Yoga therapy, mediyoga lecture & practice.
22. aug, 13:00 - 17:00, Chakra system and medical effects, lecture & practice.
04. sept, 17:00 - 20:00, Meditation and mindfulness, lecture & practice.
05. sept, 08:00 - 12:00, Morning practice and Pranayama.
05. sept, 13:00 - 17:00, The effects of mantra, sound and mudra, lecture & practice.
18. sept, 17:00-20:00 Ayruveda and yoga, lecture & practice.
19. sept, 08:00-12:00 Morning practice, restorative yoga and therapy lecture.
19. sept, 13.00-17.00 Yoga therapy and the autonomy nervous system, lecture & practice
12. des, 08:00-12:00, Morning practice, Yin and meridians.
12. des, 13.00-17.00, Summary , practice and meditation.
6 hrs go into class observations and logs to present during weekend training discussions.
Alexandra is a trained Mediyoga yoga therapist and yoga instructor in Yin yoga, Restorative Mindfulness and Vinyasa. She has an immersion in Pregnancy Yoga and Hormone Balancing Yoga. As a yoga therapist, Alexandra is passionate about the healing effects of yoga, physically, energetically, emotionally and mentally. As our world is becoming an increasingly stressful place, we need help in order to create a better balance in our lives and our everyday existence. For Alexandra, yoga is a fantastic tool for learning to steady the attention onto the present moment. Her desire is to create a calm and safe space for students to surrender and relax. Her teaching style is authentic, soothing and personal. She emphasizes on being aware and insist on respecting and honoring the unique anatomical, emotional and physical states of each student, encouraging them to love and celebrate who they are. After a tough period in her life, Alexandra experienced the amazing benefits of yoga and she is now using her experience in her teaching.